Electrical sensitivity causing your symptoms?

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum for several years now and I have noticed distinctly that the sensitivity and increase in my symptoms occur whenever I spend time on the computer,
watch tv or are in any environment that has bright lights or alot of electrical equipment. I've spent alot of time researching this and finally decided to actually do something
to improve my environment and minimize the exposures.

Doctors, even the good ones, could not offer much help in this area of electric sensitivity even though they were very interested in it and had other patients who reported
the same problems. I've heard other members of the forum say that they experience this same reaction to electrical equipment and also to changes in weather, storms, rain and barometric pressure
changes, all of which increase symptoms such as pain, fatigue, headaches and brain fog, etc.

Some of the major electrical offenders that emit the emf/electromagnestic fields and radiation seem to be cell phones, microwaves, smart meters(installed on homes
in recent years without permission)that make people very ill, tv's, WiFi, and all wireless electronics, cell towers, cfl bulbs, but there are many other things that
you would not realize that may be affecting you.

About electromagnetic fields/EMF......

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/

Wikipedia link on EHS/Electric Hypersensitivity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity

Stephen Magee's website is an excellent source and direct contact with him can be made for consults and/or environmental inspection of the home, or just
general information.

http://environmentalradiation.com/

Credentials....

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-magee/12/25a/861

Please check out the links on this page of his website....

http://environmentalradiation.com/#Harmful Radiation

I have found his books, such as Health Forensics, Toxic Electricity, and many more of his publishings, contain information that is crucial
for those of us who are suffering with chronic pain and fatigue, and other chronic symptoms. The following two books of his, along with others can be found
on Amazon and are very affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Electricity-Steven-Magee/dp/1475295693/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398893507&sr=8-1&keywords=steven+magee

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Forensics-Steven-Magee/dp/1494952947/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1398893507&sr=8-10&keywords=steven+magee

Also, you will find that he has posted numerous videos of his reseach and finding on youtube for people to watch and learn from.

Take care,
Ally

Hi Allergic,

Hey girl, hope you are doing well! Thanks for more good info!

When my husband was dxed with prostrate cancer, I went to the book store and came out with an arm full of books. Several talked about this aspect, even recommended that microwaves and other electrical/electronic devices be removed from the home.

Though he would not go to this extreme does not mean it is not a valid concern.

I have not directly noticed any sensitivity to anything other than fluorescent lights, which are my only light source in the kitchen, I cannot say that I notice any difference. But I have thought about it.

I am definitely affected by barometric pressure, even though it finally stopped raining here, the barometric pressure remains low, and I feel like my bones have been broken. \

I know that I cannot tolerate the TENS unit, even on the lowest setting, it shoots me through the ceiling, making me feel as though I'm being electrocuted, so perhaps I am more sensitive than I care to realize!

Thanks for always having good ideas and information.

Wishing you well, my friend,

SK

Hi Allergic,

Very interesting information. I have a good friend (without Sjogren's) and both she and her son are very electrical sensitive. I believe there is a lot to learn in that area. I myself have not found that to trigger my Sjogren's. but like SK I can see trends in pain/flares and the weather. It is great to get such great information reading posts from this group. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting this. I do feel better when I get away from the computer but I have to be at one all day on weekdays. It may sounds like voodoo but I got an EMF Protector from Phyllis Light, the healer. I feel so much calmer when I wear it but I can't say that it helped my Sjogren's problems. In general, though, I am sensing that I could probably (and all of us) really heal if we could get away from society and live, for awhile, in a clean wood cabin without toxins, noise, lights, etc. Of course, most of cannot do something like that and a truly clean area is hard to find now. But I do think you are on to something with the EMF's and the electricity, etc. The wireless towers are almost everywhere, too, and there is a current coming from them that does disturb our energy fields.

SK,

I haven't used my microwave for three years, have it unplugged. Besides emitting harmful radiation, it spoils the nutrients in the food. I don't miss it either. It was just another bad habit for me when I did use it years back. I was never able to use a tens unit, and I actually owned one. It caused shooting pain all over me. So did ultrasound treatments. Therapists couldn't explain why. So I just stopped doing anything that hurt. Now I understand what was going on.

Most of us have dozens of harmful items that we use in our homes and once you get sensitive to it (it's cumulative) you will have worsening symptoms such as pain, fatigue, brain fog, eye irritation, headaches and just feeling exhausted for no reason.

Get yourself copy of Health Foresnsics. Steven Magee inspected my home and has helped me to get things in order and work on reducing the exposures so I can get some relief from it. I posted the discussion on the four forums because I'm sure we are all being affected by this. It's just the way our society has gotten over the years with additions and additions of electrical gadgets and machines, plus the cell towers, smart meters on the homes etc.

Ally

SK said:

Hi Allergic,

When my husband was dxed with prostrate cancer, I went to the book store and came out with an arm full of books. Several talked about this aspect, even recommended that microwaves and other electrical/electronic devices be removed from the home.

I have not directly noticed any sensitivity to anything other than fluorescent lights, which are my only light source in the kitchen, I cannot say that I notice any difference. But I have thought about it.

I am definitely affected by barometric pressure, even though it finally stopped raining here, the barometric pressure remains low, and I feel like my bones have been broken. \

I know that I cannot tolerate the TENS unit, even on the lowest setting, it shoots me through the ceiling, making me feel as though I'm being electrocuted, so perhaps I am more sensitive than I care to realize!

SK

DLT88,

Yes, it would be nice if we could remove ourselves from all of this horrible environment that has been created over the years. I would love that. But you can do something about it and improve your environment. I posted about Steven Magee because he has inspected my home and I've read his books. It's totally necessary to read the information he has presented in them. It could help so many people. I knew something was going on with me and the electrical equipment for awhile now. I had gotten rid of my cordless phones because I couldn't even stay on them for one minute without becoming irritated and headachy and exhausted. So I started researching and found out. Our immune systems are affected by all the electrical currents. It's no wonder that there is a huge rise in autoimmune diseases.

fyi, there are special communities in some states that are EMF and MCS(multiple chemical sensitivity) free communities. MCS is recognized and the government has funded for some of this. There is one here in AZ and several around the country. Way back in 2005 NY times ran this article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/10/realestate/10nation.html?_r=0

http://www.eiwellspring.org/Arizona/SnowflakeCommunityTour.htm

Some other places...

https://reshelter.org/safer-housing/communities/

As you can see, people are having to literally run away from the bad environment.

Ally

I don't know anything about the EMF protector that you mentioned. I have learned that if you are thinking of doing any shielding or mitigation for EMF, that you better consult with someone because you are playing around with energy fields and could possibly make things worse. In his book, Steven specifically mentions underwire bras, circular metal jewelry that act as antennas and cause breast cancer, cellular changes. Metals are conductors.

DLT88 said:

Thanks for posting this. I do feel better when I get away from the computer but I have to be at one all day on weekdays. It may sounds like voodoo but I got an EMF Protector from Phyllis Light, the healer. I feel so much calmer when I wear it but I can't say that it helped my Sjogren's problems. In general, though, I am sensing that I could probably (and all of us) really heal if we could get away from society and live, for awhile, in a clean wood cabin without toxins, noise, lights, etc. Of course, most of cannot do something like that and a truly clean area is hard to find now. But I do think you are on to something with the EMF's and the electricity, etc. The wireless towers are almost everywhere, too, and there is a current coming from them that does disturb our energy fields.

mcspires,

You're welcome. I think in the future, you will be hearing a lot more about EHS. As you can gather from the links that I posted in response to DLT88, people are starting to run out of the cities to remote areas where they can be protected and try to heal. I can understand how they would want to do this. It's why I posted this information and reading material because it's so important to us all, not just those who are sick but healthy people and children, who are the most affected during their stages of development.

Ally

mcspires said:

Hi Allergic,

Very interesting information. I have a good friend (without Sjogren's) and both she and her son are very electrical sensitive. I believe there is a lot to learn in that area. I myself have not found that to trigger my Sjogren's. but like SK I can see trends in pain/flares and the weather. It is great to get such great information reading posts from this group. Thanks for sharing!

I also suffer from changes in the barometric pressure; feeling the same way you mention SK, that painful breaking bone sensation! There was a study done in Chile about 6 years ago on Sjogren's sufferers based on this exactly and the result was a definite correlation with the fluctuation of barometric pressure and flare-ups seen in these patients.

Unfortunately, there is no where to hide from that and we cannot make changes to barometric pressures! That's why we are looking for a cure and trials to get involved in to stop the suffering.

BTW - has anyone heard about the Lupus great "medical miracle treatment"; I believe it's an infusion. It's supposed to be something doctors we looking at to use on Sjogren's patients.

SK said:

Hi Allergic,

SK

Hi SK,

what is the connection between electric sensitivity and the link that you posted? Please explain.

Ally
SK said:

Sorry Ally, it was SGoddess, and this may not even be what she is referring to, guess I needed to take more time and focus with this!