A very warm welcome to Susan from British Columbia

@Susan52

Hi there, Susan

My name is Danielle and I am a Ben’s Friends intern. I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to Sjogren’s Syndrome Support.

I can appreciate your desire to make things better. You are definitely in the right place, and I do hope you find the support and answers you are looking for in this community. In terms of dealing with a sore tongue, you are definitely not alone.

I picked out a few threads which you might find helpful. You can find more posts like these by clicking the search icon (magnifying glass, top right):

How are you managing on the site so far?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Danielle

Hi Danielle - thank you for connecting with me. I am not very good with some web sites and found the Bens Friends a little confusing. I think the day my tongue was so sore I was helping with my Grandaughters graduation and got a little dehydrated. I try to always sip on a liquid but that day I was distracted which I think made matters worse. I have found there seems to be less on line support for Sjorgrens than there is for Celiac, which is upsetting.

Susan

1 Like

Hi Susan,

No worries at all, it will take time to adjust to a new site. Looks like you are doing well so far!

I would start off by clicking the search icon (magnifying glass, top right) and browsing through some existing topics. This is what I used to get familiar with the site and I found it to be helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have you tried anything else besides sipping on liquids?

Danielle

Yes, I have a xylimelt lozenge for night time along with Biotene spray and gel

1 Like

Hi Susan,

How are the lozenges and sprays working for you? I am not very familiar with Biotene gel.

Danielle

I am also doing a salt water rinse a couple of times a day and things seem to be getting better. Thank you for asking.