Fahimeh from Tehran has joined us- Hello and welcome!

@Fahimeh

Hi there, Fahimeh

Welcome to Sjogren’s Syndrome Support. We are happy you found us!

I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with dryness and horrible allergies. I cannot even begin to imagine how frustrating this must be for you. How are your current medications working for you? How are you feeling today?

As you become familiar with the site, you might find it helpful to click the search icon (magnifying glass, top right). This is what I use to browse through existing topics. I always encourage new members to create their own discussion posts as well by clicking the + New Topic tab. This is a great way to share your story, ask new questions, and connect with others.

We are looking forward to getting to know you better!

Danielle

Dear Danielle,

I am glad to meet you. Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately, I’m having another rheumatic problem

That’s called Ankylosingspondylitis

today ,I have a lot of pain in my back. On the other hand allergy to food is very annoying for me.

I am experiencing physical weakness.It has bad affeact on my job(I’m a teacher)and my routine life.It seems to me that the medicine I use,do not have a good effect.

I want to start yoga.

Can you askWhat kind of medicine you use to for sjogren’s syndrome and

Ankylosingspondylitis in your country.and what your doctors recommend for patients??

What is your idea about Needle therapy??

The best

Fahimeh

1 Like

Fahimeh- there are quite a few medications that can be used to treat Sjogrens and AS. Typically one would start off on a disease modifying medication (DMARD) such as plaquenil, or sulfasalazine, or a combo of DMARDs, then move onto a biologic.

Are you seeing a rheumatologist? AS is a very serious condition and the goal should be to slow or even halt disease progression.

Hi Fahimeh,

Great to hear from you.

I am very sorry to hear that you are dealing with Ankylosing spondylitis. It is my understanding that this type of arthritis impacts the joints in the spine, which can cause awful stiffness and pain. I can understand why this is having such a negative impact on your ability to teach. I am very hopeful that you will be able to engage in yoga in the future. One step at a time, but I think this is an excellent goal to work towards.

I do not know very much about Ankylosing spondylitis overall, but I have heard of anti-inflammatory drugs being used in addition to physical therapy. Do you have a follow up appointment with a doctor to discuss treatment options in further depth?

In terms of medications for Sjogren’s, that are all sorts of ways to manage your symptoms and discomfort. It can take time to figure out what combination works best for you. What have you tried so far?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Danielle