Sjogren's Syndrome (A, B or Both) and PsA

Was wondering if any other members here have had PsA for awhile and then developed Sjogren's Syndrome years later? That is what's happened with me, diagnosed PsA sufferer for 3 years now (was ANA positive then too but the reason for the positive result was unknown) and most recently tested ANA POSITIVE again with Sjogren's Syndrome - B this time being the culprit.

Hi. I'm fairly new to this forum so I'm not sure what PsA means. Psoriatic Arthritis?

Diagnosis prove difficult when you have rare diseases or so it seems to my hubby who's still undergoing test to see if anything has moved from "undiffentiated with Sjogren's very likely" to actual disease names. Rhuemy said he's treating for symptoms not names. Makes sense right?

Yes. I was diagnosed with PsA in 2007 and just at the end of 2013 with Sj. And also now with RA.

My timeline matches up with yours. Diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 2007, and then end of 2012 with Sjogren's. The symptoms are what is being treated.

Qadosh2him said:

Yes. I was diagnosed with PsA in 2007 and just at the end of 2013 with Sj. And also now with RA.

I also have both. Diagnosed with Sjogrens about 3 years apart

Hi JMU,

You're talking my language with SS and PsA, however I was diagnosed first with Sjogrens, after many blood tests, it finally showed up literally 'off the charts high' on bloods. Though surely both had been at play for years prior, it was years before a Rheumatologist was able to dx me with PsA, as I do not have Psoriasis! He just looked at my pitted fingernails and

Not sure which came first, but what a wicked combination this is!

I would be interested to know if you find an answer to this!

Wishing you well,

SK