Under Pressure

Today I went for my third visit to an eye doctor. Last month he said my optic nerve is thinning and he suspected glaucoma. Today I had a field of vision test which revealed some significant holes in my eyesight. After he dd a few more tests today he said that my eye is plugging up and this is causing the pressure to rise in my eyes. He said that between my last visit and today my eyes had plugged up considerably. He wants me to go back in one month for a few more tests and possible laser surgery.

The purpose of the surgery is to put in a new duct so that fluid can escape my eyes. and to alleviate pressure on the optic nerve. I thought this was very interesting because so many people on this site have talked about doctors deliberately plugging up tear ducts.

I'm was so moved by what you are experiencing & I want to make it all better. You are in my thoughts, heart, & prayers. Anyone of us can be in your shoes. I hope all goes well for you! I hope all goes well for all with all the eye problems. Of my worst symptoms with SJ, I really would like my eyes to feel normal again & I sure many of you would too. We must have courage, maybe someone will be able to find the solution for us soon! God bless all!

Thank you so much for your empathy..It's a tough disease we have....for me, I have four diagnoses (PsA RA Sj, and OA)...the problem with my eyes is just one more way I am "not normal"....I rely on God to make it through a day and I certainly need his healing touch on my eyes.

It's Me said:

I'm was so moved by what you are experiencing & I want to make it all better. You are in my thoughts, heart, & prayers. Anyone of us can be in your shoes. I hope all goes well for you! I hope all goes well for all with all the eye problems. Of my worst symptoms with SJ, I really would like my eyes to feel normal again & I sure many of you would too. We must have courage, maybe someone will be able to find the solution for us soon! God bless all!

Terry thank you for the beautiful gift of the rose :) You made my day.

Tez_20 said:

Hello Cynthia,

Thanks so much for adding the discussion and sorry to hear your appointment did'nt go to well but at least you know your trouble and hopefully the laser surgery can help you and give you some relief plus it's good to know like you've stated eyes being plugged when it could be possibly the same as you have....the only trouble is not all opthamologist go down to the depth of the trouble like your as.

Terri xxx

no Terry. I"ve been sick for about6-8 years...my hands are classic "RA_hands" and "PsA hands"....I've also taken the strongest anti -inflammatories available..and they did not help much at all. I wish it was something so easily treatable.

Tez_20 said:

Hi Cynthia,

When you next see your rheumo ask him if you have Reactive Arthritis/Reiter's syndrome....as this is what multiple arthritis forms which you have is diagnosed with a large majority of people.

It can be caused through Gene relation/infection and more...i'm adding a link for you to read.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/reactive-arthritis-leaflet

I'm sorry about this. It sounds like they are doing a good job of monitoring you, although you may still want to seek a second opinion, as this is pretty serious.

You mentioned that your eyes are plugging up, but I'm pretty certain that there is a separate drainage system for fluids within the eye, as opposed to tears. Either way, I'm glad that the doctor mentioned a solution, and hope that they do this before there is more damage.

Thank you, God gets me through each day too. Please pray for me as well! Let us pray for everyone with Sj & all the Dx's that all have. Hope for a cure or better remedies! Soon, please God!

Qadosh2him said:

Thank you so much for your empathy..It's a tough disease we have....for me, I have four diagnoses (PsA RA Sj, and OA)...the problem with my eyes is just one more way I am "not normal"....I rely on God to make it through a day and I certainly need his healing touch on my eyes.

It's Me said: