2 weeks on Plaquenil - cautiously optomistic

I've been taking generic Plaquenil for just about 2 weeks now (13 days today) and it definitely feels like something is happening. I'm still not normal and I still get tired...but it's different. It's not the completely debilitating incapacitating fatigue that I was getting. I actually have energy now and I've been able to stay out longer and do a lot more the past several days. Also, it feels like my thinking is more clear now. Before, I felt like I was always spacing out and I just couldn't get my brain to work. I feel sharper now. In fact, I've been working on some little projects and doing things that I never would have been able to do just 3 weeks ago. I've been putting together this little model catapult kit I bought at Barnes and Noble (yeah, it's a model of a Medieval catapult and it actually works!). There's just no way in hell I could have done that before. A month ago, I could barely get out of bed. I know Plaquenil is supposed to take a lot longer to work, but it already seems to be doing something.

At this point, I'll take whatever I can get! At least for now, I'm actually able to have a life and I don't feel like I'm literally dying anymore!

I've also been taking Pilocarpine for dry mouth, and it is definitely working. My mouth and throat used to be really sore and irritated all the time, like I had a sore throat from a flu. That is pretty much gone now. I'm not going to say I'm "fine" now...my joints still hurt sometimes and I do still get tired, but I definitely notice a change and I'm actually feeling a lot better. I feel like finally there's a light at the end of the tunnel! If this keeps up, I'm more hopeful that eventually I'll be able to be more like my normal self. :)

That’s great progress! So glad to hear!

I've been waiting for some good news today, and this is surely up there! I'm so happy for you, and hope that you continue to improve!

That's great! I am 4 1/2 months on it and I can definitely see a difference. I did notice little things at around 2 months like a lightening of the fatigue, which does help with brain fog. I am glad it it working for you. From what I can tell, it keeps getting better. I still have to be aware and pace myself but its nice to not pass out because I walked around the office more that day. LOL. Good luck to you!!

It has been awhile since I posted on this site. I am Sooooo glad to hear Placquenil is working for you. My question is does it give you or anyone diarrahea?

While I was on Placquenil, it did help some of my symptons, but I was unable to go anywhere unless there was a bathroom close. I stopped taking it and I am hoping my doc has something else to give me without these side effects. Any suggestions?