Costal chondritis

Any one here ever suffer from costal chondritis? It’s an inflammation of the connective tissue attached to the rib. At times I felt like my chest was about to explode. I could not take a deep breath and it was getting more painful as I tried. I am now on a round of prednisone. I hope it helps.

Yes, I have this as well!

So far the prednisone has reduced the pain significantly, but I still struggle trying to get a deep breath. It feels like there are bricks piled on my chest, too heavy to move. The fatigue, also, is over the top right now. I guess it is from not enough oxygen. Although, at the Dr’s yesterday my O2 stat was 98%. Go figure.

Pain and inflammation can also be a source of fatigue. I just got put on a prednisone taper for chest pain and shortness of breath, but I know mine is due to pericarditis. No chest wall tenderness among other things.

Well, I finished the prednisone, but it didn’t seem to help much. At first it took the pain way down, but did very little for the breathing issue. Now, The pain is coming back as well as a cough when I try to take a deep breath. I see the pulmonologist on the 13th. Maybe he can figure it out.