Getting use to things

I am on the lowest dosage for thyroid meds and I know it's not enough. There are days I have to practically PULL myself out of bed because I know I need to take that pill and start my routine. Brushing the teeth, brushing again with fluoride. The hour wait before I can take my other meds with a meal. Then I am just brain dead and tired and listless and weak for the rest of the day.

I just feel like I'm gonna fall into a heap on the floor one day. So, I don't go far outside and pretty much just do computer stuff that my brain can handle and play video games. Its hard to think and speak intelligently with all the crap that my body is going thru.

I finally found a Rheumatoid doctor nearby who handles Sjogren's. Just have to remember to bring the bloodwork showing I have the diagnosis. But I don't see her until April 20th.

I see my ENDO on Monday, so maybe I can get some help with the thyroid thing.

Both situations make me tired. So I feel like I am screwed. I just wanna be alone.

I wish I had comforting words for you. I am sending long distance hugs. I’m feeling a lot of the same things, different symptoms, but just done. So tired. You know that feeling after you cry for a really long time, and then you just stop crying. Your still sad but too exhausted to cry anymore. I feel like that, always. Then I come on here and read other stories and I just want to be there for everyone. I really do hope things go well with the new rhumetologist

Angie, thank you so much. I really needed to hear that someone understands. You know that song from Les Mis. "I dreamed a dream".

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

This line always hits my heart and soul. Sometimes I just wonder about why things happen. I guess I just have to make the best of what I have. Things could have been MUCH WORSER. I could have had cancer. Thank God I dodged that, I'm just gonna have to learn to deal.

Hi Roulette,

You have been through a lot lately, there was considerable worry about the thyroid surgery and outcome, but it's past, good news came your way. I know that doesn't solve everything, but it's a biggie! Hope that you can either adjust to the med dosage or discuss an increase with your Dr.

We're all pulling for you, but if you feel over whelmed, you may want to ask for a referral to a PhD psychologist whose practice promotes resiliency. They are invaluable in getting you through tough times.

Sending my best your way,

SK

I see a therapist now and am on meds for depression, anxiety and my bipolar. Which just complicates how I adjust to getting the thyroid dosage right. I know it will take time and I guess the ups and downs are just harder with the with the other conditions in there.

Had a good session with my therapist. I needed it.

Monday I will be put on a higher dosage, hopefully. And I will just wait until I see the RA doc to get the Sjogrens together.

Thanks everyone.

I know it never happens quick enough when we are feeling bad. I can relate to how you mention dragging yourself out of bed. For years my allergy Doctors insisted I take a huge dose of Zyrtec, and even with taking it at night, it was like the worst hangover you have ever had. I finally asked my GP to take care of my allergies, and the Claritin D works even better without that feeling of crushing fatigue or hangover feeling.

With just about everything, it's getting the right med and the right dose!

I'm so glad you found us Roulette, we all know how you feel. At least with some of it. Seems it's never just one thing! Hang in there, girlfriend!