New To Group

Hi Everybody,

It's such a relief to find a group of fellow Sjogren's sufferers. I was officially diagnosed with Sjogren's on May 20, at the age of 66. Frankly, I'd had periods of being fatigued since I was 30 but doctors couldn't figure out what was going on. Now Sjogren's has hit me full force.

I had several questions, if you have time. Does anybody know a good Sjogren's savvy rheumatologist in the Greater Boston area? I have a rheumatologist now but she doesn't seem that familiar with Sjogren's and didn't even offer me a range of medications, she just prescribed Plaquenil and told me to come back in 8 weeks. I'd really welcome any recommendations this group might have.

The second thing I am really having a hard time with is accepting this new "syndrome." Suddenly I have to curtail all the activities I love. I can never predict when the fatigue will hit. I am trying very hard to maintain a positive outlook, but I have to admit there are times when I get very dark and feel that my whole life has changed. Have other people experienced this? I feel so alone.

Thanks for listening and I'm so glad I found this community!