Oral thrush and fruit?

Here I go again with the Diflucan and now the disgusting Nystatin.

I know we are not to eat sugar but what about fruit while treating the mouth. I swear I may never go to the bathroom again. My doctor is very vague even while being asked questions. He just says starve the

thrush. O.K. I will be happy to if you would explain the diet to me. Guess he is to busy.

By the way I got an appointment at John Hopkins on October 21st and am hoping that the doctor's there will at least be able to find out what is going on.

SK have you gotten any pain relief yet? I know this message is a mess but my computer keeps blacking out while I am typing. Probably another virus from surfing.

Then again there is at brain fog issue.

Hey Hopewell,

Never heard of starving thrush before, but surely he knows more than I do! You do take probiotics regularly, right?

No, not any significant relief, and not great news on the latest MRI report either, L5 S1 has made it to the 'severe' stage, and it's bad for them to call anything severe. Hope to find out more at he Rheum tomorrow!

My computer is acting up, and it's new! Cannot even get on google, and had an awful time getting onto yahoo mail! It's always something!

Feel better,

SK

SK said:

Hey Hopewell,

Never heard of starving thrush before, but surely he knows more than I do! You do take probiotics regularly, right?

No, not any significant relief, and not great news on the latest MRI report either, L5 S1 has made it to the 'severe' stage, and it's bad for them to call anything severe. Hope to find out more at he Rheum tomorrow!

My computer is acting up, and it's new! Cannot even get on google, and had an awful time getting onto yahoo mail! It's always something!

Feel better,

SK

Hi SK,

My computer just died the last time I tried to post. I hate this thing.

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering so. I wish you quick resolution to your pain ....and the wisdom to make the treatment decision that is right for you.

Carolyn

Hopewell,

I have only experienced minor signs of oral thrush while on various antibiotics, so I'm afraid I can't help much there. Was curious about who you are going to see at Hopkins. I was referred to an oral pathologist (and former president of the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation) there named Dr. James Sciubba by a mutual friend but don't know if I should take advantage of it since most of my complications seem to be with neuropathy and the GI tract. His credentials are outstanding.

Lots of luck and let me know how you make out.

Liz

I am to see Dr. Thomas Grader-Beck for a Rheumatology Evaluation and then to have ultra sound testing.