Symptoms

Does anyone have either CNS symptoms or mental illness issues from SS? Just curious about any neurological or psychiatric symptoms since I am newly diagnosed and trying to figure out what symptoms that I have been having fall under SS. Please share your stories or symptoms. Thank you! Also, anyone vision and eye symptoms as well. Once again, thanks to anyone that is willing to share.

I have no CNS or psychiatric symptoms from SS. I do worry a little when I have a new symptom anywhere in my body if it is related to SS but I would think this is normal. Jaycee

Hi LouAnn

I have eye problems. I just saw my rheumy and eye doctor. I have plugs in my eyes and use drops during the day and salve at night.

Any vision problems?

I have sleep issues which cause depression. My doctor feels this is from the pain caused by SS. I take a medication at night that has helped tremendously.

Hi LouAnn

I have blurred vision at times I have lupus and some of my problems are caused from inflammation of the veins in my eyes

LouAnn said:

Any vision problems?

It’s hard to tell sometimes if CNS issues are from ss or any number of other autoimmune issues that tend to team up.
Blurry vision and balance issues have plagued me for some time. I have learned to get up slowly and also have gotten used to walking into doorframe. That’s more embarrassing than painful :slight_smile:
However, as you are newly diagnosed, I would keep a journal of incidents, when they occur, etc. This can help both you and your doctor to figure out if it is related to ss or something else.

Thank you for all the input…I am dealing with the new diagnosis but have always been very anxious. Many past symptoms have been attributed to the anxiety but now I wonder. Needless to say, the anxiety is through the roof!!!

I have also been diagnosed with map dot fingerprint dystrophy which causes similar dry eye symptoms like ghosting, light sensitivity and so on

Just talking about Psychiatric symptoms here Having worked in the field of mental illness for 11 years SS is not in my opinion is not connected to psychiatric symptoms,, although I do believe that the physical symptoms can bring on depression,,, As when I first got diagnosed with it I was mentally depressed for 2 years because the symptoms were so difficult to deal with,,When the symptoms improved I was not depressed anymore,,,They say that anxiety is made in your childhood and comes out at an opportune time in your adulthood,

Interesting bc I found some studies connecting the two online

Anxiety and depression are VERY common with SS and the two do go hand in hand.

Anyone suffer from twitches or tingles?

LouAnn said:

Interesting bc I found some studies connecting the two online
Anxiety and depression are extremely common together and go hand in hand ,,,But you can also have anxiety with out the depression,,, and that is common too,,, But auto immune disorders cause Depression because of the symptoms of the disease, that they cause ,