Denture adhesive warnings: zinc poisoning and neuropathy

As we all know Sjogrens leads to tooth loss, leads to dentures, so how many years of Zinc are we overloaded with? There is even a class action suit!

http://www.consumerinjurylawyers.com/denture-adhesive-cream/FDA-warning-on-denture-cream.html

SK,

Many products have zinc in them, like toothpastes, not just dental adhesives. We are exposed constantly to substances that are toxic. It's so hard to eliminate them all out of your daily life.

Even the ones that say "natural" watch out for because that word is used loosely.

It's a never ending search for something that is safe to use. I was mixing up my own toothpaste for awhile. I might have to go back to that.

Allergic

You are so right! For now I'll take my chance with the Biotene, only thing that has ever made a difference with the dry mouth, but who knows what is in there?

Even with the hunts tomato sauce/paste commercial, stating that all other brands use CHEMICALS to remove the skins, while they use steam! Now why should the FDA allow this? So just like all of the grocery store cooking oils that are not expeller pressed, chemicals are used to extract the oil from the vegetable!

How many years can our bodies tolerate this chemical bombardment! NO wonder we are all sick!

As for the zinc, I should never have had a cold as many years as I used it!

This is true, Terri. It's probably an exercise in futility at this point. Sometimes you gotta pick your poison. :') But I don't want to add to my problems either. Some things can turn around, others, well, might be too late.

Hi Terri,

You got it exactly right! Who can you believe these days? It's like a war of advertising, one against another. Everybody's got something to sell. There ARE so many contradictions. You are wise to listen to your body and use your common sense. That's all we can do.

Hugs,

Ally

Hi Terri,

How are you? Have you figured out what is causing your symptoms? Could it be too much pc work. I know the glare burns my eyes and it last for days. I have to back off.

Hugs,

Ally

Tez_20 said:

Ally,

All though i have a lot going on like you...that what i do now is use what i feel comfortable with and also eat what suits me and if anything disturbs my routine and makes me feel bad i knock it on the head.

Yesterday afternoon ste popped me out in the car and my mouth was like a brick stone dry, he pulled up at a garage and got me a drink and some mints to suck on and i've also noticed lately headaches with my eyes it feels like the sjogren's is affecting my brain or dehydrating it out...somethings going on i do know.

Love Terri xxx

Allergic said:

Hi Terri,

You got it exactly right! Who can you believe these days? It's like a war of advertising, one against another. Everybody's got something to sell. There ARE so many contradictions. You are wise to listen to your body and use your common sense. That's all we can do.

Hugs,

Ally