New member here!

Hi, everyone! After being ill with an array of symptoms for around five years, I was finally diagnosed with sjogren's on September 2015. I had no idea what the disease was about and felt overwhelmed initially. I have many manifestations of sjogren's but the worst fo me have been the never ending fatigue and pain. I push myself to stay active in order to preserve a little normality. I believe that being positive and enjoying every little thing that I can will allow me to have quality of life.

This is a life changing disease, but it is not the end of life. It is very difficult indeed, but that is life, and life is always precious.

I have found that this disease has open my mind to appreciate the important aspects of life. I have learned to let go of what is not important. I have grown to be more spiritual. My life goals have changed, my daily activities have changed. the most important thing is that I live a good life, not an ideal one, but a good one.

I have learned to manage expectations, my own and the expectations of others. I have learned to balance other people's opinion and to be less judgemental.

Sjogren's has brought challenges, struggle and pain into my life, but along with those, it has brought me a spiritual awakening because it taught me to work things out from the inside. I am not afraid.

I am happy to join this group. Blessings!

Hi Arlene,

It’s encouraging to hear your message. I have spent too much time angry at the fatigue, pain and dental problems that have occurred due to autoimmune disease.

Welcome to you.

Have a good night.

Thank you, Kquixtar. We are all in this, together. Sweet dreams.

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to hear that you're dealing with this in a positive way, it's very encouraging to everyone! It certainly teaches you to be more compassionate and understanding of others, you never know who else is struggling with an unseen 'illness'.

Thank you, Jules. I feel so welcome here.

Welcome Arlene. Thank you so much for sharing. It was a wonderful reminder to take the blessings from this and keep moving forward.

Thank you, Enjoylife, you are so kind!

WELCOME!! So glad you are here. :) Thank you for posting that.

1 Like

Thank you! I love it here; it feels like family!