Appt with my new rheumy

went…GREAT!!! She was VERY thorough. The difference between her and my former rheumy is night & day!!! She is definitely in the right profession. You can tell she became a Dr because she wants to help people. Not for the money or the perks (if there are any for small town Dr’s anymore).

Switching Dr’s was one of THE BEST decisions I have ever made. She ran some blood work ( B-12, Iron, Stored Iron, Myeloma Screen & Inflammatory Marker Chemistry). Weird thing tho…my blood usually pours out, the lab tech had to literally palpitate the vein to help get enough blood into the last 2 tubes. Maybe because I just had surgery???

Talked about reasons to DC or add to the plaquenil. She gave me a steroid shot for my rash too!! Which BTW reared it’s ugly head again after I showered yesterday afternoon. It never went away, just calmed down a bit. But seems every time I shower it flairs up. Hoping it’s a lot better in the morning!!

Well that’s about it for now.
Have a great evening.
Lisa

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that it went well. When will your follow up be? Do you know how the rheumy will notify you of test results?

Thanks Stoney! I go back in 4 weeks (the end of April) and she has a patient portal but I assume if anything is really abnormal they will call me.

That’s good that she’s getting you back in so quickly. As a new patient this is a good plan.

Hey! It’s been a little while. I wanted to check in and see how things are doing. Things still moving forward?

2 Likes

Mom had some success using a soap called “Vita-myr” (tiny company). took away a lot of painful skin flares.

LOVE hearing good doctor experiences! makes all the difference!

It sure does. I kind of renews my faith in all of this.

1 Like