Exovac

My rheumatologist has suggested Exovac, which stimulates the nerves to produce moisture. My primary problem is pulmonary. Has anyone had experience with this drug? Jaycee

I took this drug. It was amazing to my dentist and orthodontist how great the prescription worked. It worked very fast with me too! Now, the big problem was the cost. My insurance company wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars for 1 month supply. I went to GoodRx.com. I forget what the price was exactly. But it was A LOT cheaper than anywhere else. GoodRx.com has a website that people may want to check out. My dentist said that I have a much greater chance of saving my teeth. If you skip a pill, you'll know it for sure.

Hi Jaycee,
I had been on Evoxac for about 4 years. It worked great, in fact so good I would skip the PM dose because it would make me drool when I was sleeping. I took it in the morning and afternoon. It helped my dry eyes also. Unfortunately I’m on disability now and Medicare won’t pay for it, my rheum told me pilocarpine worked just as well but not even close for me. I would recommend it without hesitation, never had any side effects. However I never have had respiratory issues, so not sure how effective Evoxac is for that. And there’s a generic now too. Feel better and good luck with the new med!

Thanks so much both of you for the info. Fortunately, altho my husband and I are on medicare, his insurance from work pays for the med. I was concerned because the first, and only time I used it, although it stopped my coughing for 8 hours, the next day I ran a temp. However, I was also coming down with pneumonia. Jaycee

babs53 said:

Hi Jaycee,
I had been on Evoxac for about 4 years. It worked great, in fact so good I would skip the PM dose because it would make me drool when I was sleeping. I took it in the morning and afternoon. It helped my dry eyes also. Unfortunately I'm on disability now and Medicare won't pay for it, my rheum told me pilocarpine worked just as well but not even close for me. I would recommend it without hesitation, never had any side effects. However I never have had respiratory issues, so not sure how effective Evoxac is for that. And there's a generic now too. Feel better and good luck with the new med!

Hi Jaycee, I take it 2-3 times a day. It has really helped. Like babs I sometimes hold off the evening dose because I too was a drooling mess. Lol. The only problem I have is remembering to take it on a full stomach. If I don’t then I get very nauseated. Good luck!

Hugs
Wendy

I have been taking it for several years and have not had any problems with it.

Thanks so much for the info

lablover said:

Hi Jaycee, I take it 2-3 times a day. It has really helped. Like babs I sometimes hold off the evening dose because I too was a drooling mess. Lol. The only problem I have is remembering to take it on a full stomach. If I don't then I get very nauseated. Good luck!

Hugs

Thanks so much for the info! Jaycee
lablover said:

Hi Jaycee, I take it 2-3 times a day. It has really helped. Like babs I sometimes hold off the evening dose because I too was a drooling mess. Lol. The only problem I have is remembering to take it on a full stomach. If I don't then I get very nauseated. Good luck!

Hugs
Wendy

Thanks so much for your response. Jaycee
RP7348 said:

I have been taking it for several years and have not had any problems with it.