Optholmologist

I just came back from the ophthalmologist office today. I went because my vision has become very blurry and often I have double vision.

He did a lot of tests and then gave me his conuclusion.

1) My eyes are dry and I need to use the false tears more frequently

2) I have cataracts (Not surprising considering all of the steroids I've taken. But he said they are not too bad yet.

3) the nerves in the back of my eyes are thin. This and a couple of other things he saw led him think that possibly I have glaucoma.

I have to go back in a month to have more tests done for the "big G"

Honestly. Someone shoot me if that is going to happen. I can't think of much else that could be worse.

Sorry about all of this. I'm curious, was your intraocular pressure normal? I'm not 100% certain, but I think that inflammation (not glaucoma) might be able to cause the retinal issue. I'm glad that the eye doctor is having you back in so soon. It means you're being taken seriously and monitored.

I was looking around on line and found this:http://symptoms.rightdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/blurred-vision/decreased-lacrimation-as-in-case-of-sjogrens-syndrome/ophthalmoplegia-as-present-in-acute-congestive-glaucoma.htm
Looks like you are right about glaucoma having it's feet in inflammation of RD.

Stoney said:

Sorry about all of this. I'm curious, was your intraocular pressure normal? I'm not 100% certain, but I think that inflammation (not glaucoma) might be able to cause the retinal issue. I'm glad that the eye doctor is having you back in so soon. It means you're being taken seriously and monitored.

I am not taking Plaquinil. I failed it...was only 0n it briefly